Website forms are an essential part of communication. Fluent Forms is one of the fastest-growing form plugins for WordPress users and the form builder we recommend to our clients and friends.
Whilst Fluent forms is a freemium plugin, the free-form builder plugin has many advanced features and functionalities that you normally only find in paid plugins.
This article will give you an overview of the Fluent Forms plugin and discuss the features and functionalities available in each version to help you decide if Fluent Forms is suitable for your business needs.
What is Fluent Forms?
Fluent Forms is a free WordPress plugin that has over 100,000 installations with five stars on WordPress.org.
It has a user-friendly interface that allows you to easily integrate various forms on your website.
There is a free version that is powerful in itself, but if you need even more features and outstanding capabilities, there is also a pro version.
Features in the Free Version
There are many features in Fluent Forms’ free version that you will only find in premium packages for other plugins. Here are just some of the features you will find on the free version.
- Premade templates – You can find templates as simple as a basic newsletter to more complex documents like conversational forms.
- Multi-column forms – Some forms may require a great deal of information, and no one likes a long form. Keep your forms looking tidy by segmenting rows into “containers”. Forms can expand up to six columns, and you can also use conditional logic on containers making fields appear only if a particular action triggers it.
- Conditional Logic – Unlike many form builders available, conditional logic is free to Fluent Form users. You can use them to set up confirmation messages for form submissions, email routing, email notifications, etc.
- Form restriction – You never know how many submissions you will receive when you distribute a web form. Sometimes that’s not an issue, however, if you are using a form to register clients for an event, there will only be a number of seats available, so you will want to restrict the number of submissions that can be accepted. For this, you would use the form restriction feature.
- Spam protection – Distributing forms can set you up to receive spam. You will have options such as Google reCAPTCHA, hCaptcha, login requirement, and deny empty submissions by enabling spam protection.
- Export Forms – You can export data to CSV, Excel, or JSON formats.
- Generate PDFs – Not only can you create PDF files, but you can also watermark your company name and logo.
- Custom CSS – Custom CSS allows you to customise the style of your submit button, input fields, font and label styles, input focus colour, and more.
- Global styler – You can preview the form and use the global styler to make necessary changes to your form before distributing it.
- Customise your call-to-action (CTA) button – Every form needs a CTA button. You can customise your CTA button and place it anywhere on your form. Conditional logic can also be applied to a CTA button.
- Integrate with MailChimp – Another feature typically only available in premium versions of form builders is the ability to integrate with MailChimp. Simply configure the MailChimp feed on the form you want to send, and run your email campaign.
Features Fluent Forms Pro
With all of the features available for free, you may not have a need for the pro version.
However, if you want access to all of the features available in Fluent Forms, you can subscribe to the pro version. You get all of the features listed above, as well as the following.
- Form step – This feature allows you to break a long form into small pieces.
- Partial form entries – Often, people will partially complete a form and not submit it. With the partial form entry feature, you can still collect data from multi-step forms even if the user doesn’t press the submit button.
- Upload files & images – Sometimes, forms require more than just text. If you need users to submit files and images, Fluent Forms Pro will allow that.
- Survey, polls, and quizzes – Create quizzes, polls, and surveys using fields such as radio buttons, dropdowns, multi-select, and checkboxes.
- Conversational forms – Conversational forms are more interactive forms that will keep users engaged and wanting to complete the form.
- Repeat field – Use repeat fields to create a duplicate field inside your forms. For example, if a user must submit multiple answers to one question, the user can duplicate the field to accommodate the number of responses they have.
- eSignature – Collect electronic signatures as needed.
- Post creation – You can accept posts from users and post them directly to your page.
- User registration – When you require users to complete a registration form to create their accounts, the default registration page has the WordPress logo. Fluent Forms allows you to customise this form to fit your brand.
- Payment Fields – Collect payments easily with the payment fields feature. PayPal, Mollie, Stripe, and RazorPay are payment gateways offered by Fluent Forms Pro.
- Integrations – Fluent Forms Pro integrates with over thirty-five different apps. If you have trouble directly integrating with an app, you can connect over 3000 apps through the Zapier integration.
Still, have Questions about Fluent Forms? I Can Help!
I have worked extensively with Fluent Forms and use the Pro Version on my own websites.
With a quality form plugin like Fluent Forms, you can easily create online forms for your WordPress website.
In addition, Fluent Forms offers an extensive range of functions for free, and even the pro version costs less than its competitors.
Could your business benefit from Fluent Forms, but you don’t have the time or desire to set it up?
I assist businesses in taking their digital marketing goals to the next level and have extensive experience in all things WordPress.
Everything I do is customised and tailored to your brand.
Let’s get your website sorted!